Ever wondered why only a particular website is seen on the top of the list when you search something on Google, Yahoo or any other search engine? Well, that’s what SEO does to your website! Higher visibility gives higher clicks and traffic. Search engine optimization is a part of Digital Marketing which affects the visibility of a website and other pages including text, video, image searches, industry specific searches and technical terms to give higher ranking and thus increasing clicks and page visits.
Search Engine Optimisation is done under a long-term plan. SEO does not give results overnight, but yes, the results are long lasting, measurable and cost effective.
You might think why is it important to use SEO, to our surprise almost all of the traffic on the internet is referred by search engines. Let’s ask ourselves do we look past the first page of the search results on Google? No. So now we know it really matters.
The important aspects of SEO:
- First, we need to find out what the words are relevant to our product/service? That means we need to decide which word when searched will get our name come on the top. This is done through Keyword research. Keyword analysis is very important since the keywords that you think are relevant may not be the same keywords your potential customers would use to find you on the internet. We must understand that Keywords are the building blocks of the SEO campaign. Having the best keywords unearths the best opportunities to capitalize in the marketplace.
- Watching out our competition is also necessary, analyzing what are the points of parity and differences plays a key role in the effective SEO strategy. Learning how our competitors are capturing the audience’s attention and eventually the chunk of business comes handy in the process of smooth and effective SEO.
- Improving what is already present is important. Auditing the current website and innovatively arranging things to match the SEO strategy is vital. Auditing the content and aligning it with the selected keywords gives an impetus to the visibility and rankings.
- After all the above comes the main part, the Optimisation. On-page and Off-page are the two types of optimizations.
- On-page deals with the webpage itself where we implement the keywords selected in the content of our website.
- The Off-page optimization deals with creating links and promoting the website/page on other platforms like Social Media and Blog sites. The truth about the effectiveness of off-page optimization is the level of relevance of the links that we post. Gradual and continuous link posting is a must.
- Quantifying all the results is of utmost importance since if we cannot track the results all the hard work may seem to run down the drain creating ambiguity and confusion.
SEO is indeed a bit complicated but never forget that “Out of sight is out of mind!” to be visible and relevant, SEO is the mantra!